Tuesday 31 January 2012

Elen Hawke books

I own three of Elen Hawke's books:

In the Circle (Crafting the witches' path)
The Sacred Round (A witch's guide to magical practise)
Praise to the Moon (magic and myth of the lunar cycle)

and I love all of them!

Elen Hawke is a practising witch who lives in the UK, she is also a photographer, illustrator, astrologer and tarot reader.

Her books are just so easy to read and understand, her style of writing is as if she were sitting across the kitchen table from you having a coffee and a natter.

In the Circle was one of the first witchcraft books I ever purchased and it helped me immensely.  It covers each solstice and how she herself celebrates them, creating your altar, Deity, magical equipment, the moons and initiation.  Each chapter headed with a beautiful illustration.  This book helps you  to get in touch with your spirituality through nature, it explains how to work with the ebb and flow of the seasons and is beautifully written.

The Sacred Round I purchased after reading In the Circle and was not disappointed.  This book written in the same friendly style deals with spells, rituals, seasonal rites, the chakras, divination, magic, meditations, visualisations, sacred space and the elements.

And then Praise to the Moon.  This book makes sense of the lunar cycle.  It explores each moon phase and the relevant qualities.  It will help you to become more in tune with your daily life and your magical work by aligning what you do with the moon phases.  It also includes lunar Goddesses, rituals, invocations and spells for each moon phase along with details on moon gardening and circle casting.

All three books are beautifully written, initially I read them cover to cover but now I use them to dip into for information as and when I need it, they are an indispensable part of my book collection.

Tansy
x

2 comments:

  1. Merry Meet Tansy!

    Thank you for the informative post. I myself have a copy of her book In the Circle and likewise found it well written, filled with personal experiences and in a reader friendly tone. While reading this book I learned about magickal equipment from the 7th chapter and her personal experiences of the sabbats which made me wonder how I might be able to enjoy and make each sabbat a personal experience for myself even though I am still in the broom closet. I admit that I discovered your post during my search for additional books by Ellen Hawke and am happy to see that you are still blogging and being your lovely Tansy self :)

    Bright blessings dear and may you have a wonderful Mabon and Yule season! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Raven

    I am so glad you like her books. Yep I am still here, still me, still blogging LOL I also have a personal blog too www.tansyfiredragon.blogspot.co.uk if you ever want to swing by.

    Blessings and huge hugs to you.
    Tansy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete