Tuesday 6 March 2012

Glenn Harrold Meditations

I was looking for a meditation to do,  I personally prefer to listen to guided meditations so I had a look on my iPhone to see what I could find in the apps.

I was pleasantly surprised to find hundreds of downloadable meditations for the iPhone, a lot of them for free.  I downloaded a few, some were OK some were pretty useless and then I found a Meditation for Inner Wisdom by Glenn Harrold and was hooked!

The meditation took me through a beautiful garden, into a forest and out into a sacred place and also included a set of affirmations with beautiful descriptions and narrative for the meditation itself.

I was actually almost put off by a couple of reviews for the app that said they didn't like his voice, turns out he has a London accent so for me being in the UK it made a change from most of my meditations which are read by USA voices!  I actually liked his voice, it is steady, calming and reassuring.

I have since downloaded several of his meditations onto my iPhone (for free) but he does have a huge catalogue of CDs and books on the market.

Glenn is a trained hypnotherapist and now has his own company Diviniti Publishing that produces self help books and CDs by himself and many other authors.

You can find more about him on his website glennharrold.com  he also has a facebook page  facebook.com/glennharrold and twitter @GlennHarrold

Tansy
x

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if there are any apps for the Blackberry - I think I need to look into an iPhone and a kindle - do I need to embrace the technological age????? - bunni x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. Meditation is something that I've never tried but I've always wanted to. Fears always hold me back. What if I can't quiet my mind? What if I can't visualize properly and it has the opposite of my desired effect? Pretty silly thinking, I'm sure. I will be sure to look this gentleman up and give it a try. Thanks, again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Bunni!

    Christina, we have some information on meditation on our free forum www.kitchenwitchhearth.com if you would like to join us. We also have free meditations to download to the right of this page if you wanted to try some out!

    Tansy
    x

    ReplyDelete