Saturday 24 March 2012

Seider: The Gate is Open

I downloaded this book to my Kindle when it was on a 'free to download' day and I have to say I am very impressed, I will be purchasing the 'real' book to go in my collection.


Published by avaloniabooks.co.uk  Seider: The Gate is Open is written by Katie Gerrard.


Book description from the Avalonia Books website:


Seidr is the intriguing and powerful early Norse system of shamanistic trance practices. In Seidr: The Gate is Open, Katie Gerrard has contributed a major work on the practices of seidr and trance prophecy, providing a practical manual full of dynamic group rituals and techniques based on known Seidr practices. Foremost amongst these techniques is the prophetic rite of the High Seat, where the Volva (seer) sends her consciousness to the underworld realm of Hel to gain answers to the questions posed to her.
Combining more than a decade of research and experimentation, this book is characterised by both its scholarship and its accessibility.


It has a lot of really interesting history and facts about Seidrs and also some wonderful journeys/pathworkings for you to take.  


I am not usually very good at sticking to 'historical fact' books but this one was written in an easy to read and understand way that kept me interested.   I will definitely be trying some of the journeys she has included in the book and am looking forward to the results.


If you are interested in Seidr work then I highly recommend you add this book to your collection.


Tansy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment