Wednesday 16 May 2012

Obsidian Arrowhead

Whilst on a visit to Burley a couple of weeks back with some of the Kitchen Witch School leadership team, we were mooching around the shops...like you do...and went into one that had a really friendly lady owner and her lovely springer spaniel pup!

I didn't need anything in particular, we were just browsing but as I looked at the crystals she had on display an obsidian arrow head caught my eye.    I didn't know why I needed it or wanted it, but I did, so I bought it (it was only a couple of pounds).

It has been sitting on my table ever since, until today when I decided I needed to work with it, so into research mode, here is what an obsidian arrow head can do:

Works with the base chakra.
It's energies are used to help with scrying, grounding, protection, survival instincts, shamanic healing, creativity and intuition.  It protects from negative energies and helps us to stop having negative thoughts about ourselves.  It also teaches us self discipline.
The shape of the arrow represents truth and following your right path, going in the right direction.
It is also known as the 'wizard's stone' as it was used in the past to create magical mirrors.

Obsidian is a naturally occurring volcanic glass formed as an extrusive igneous rock.  It is produced when felsic lava extruded from a volcano cools rapidly with minimum crystal growth.  Obsidian is hard and brittle and when fractured has very sharp edges.

I think I may put it on some cord and tie it to my staff :-)



Tansy
x




Sources - thecrystalhealer.co.uk
wikipedia
clarityofsight.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. Merry Meet :)) Your timing on this post is just soooo ironic for me. I just did a post last night on an arrowhead that I picked up at a local antique fair and how it seemed to call to me. :))) I'm in the process of writing a book that has to do with a witch in the 1680's and it's going in the direction of having Native American ties in it as well, which I was a little concerned with how the community would receive. The arrowhead I found served as validation for me along with some other signs. Then I see this, this morning! LOL :)) you've no idea lol :)))) Sorry for the long rambling comment but you just made my morning lol :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

    ReplyDelete