Thursday 2 March 2017

New Moon Ritual




New Moon Ritual
(Spiritual Growth)

You’ll need

Your sacred space
2 containers can be anything – wooden box, glass jar, a couple of folders, a bowl, a couple of bags whatever you fancy!
3 lists
What went well this month
What didn’t go so well this month
What do you want out of next month?
3 white candles
Cake!



Prepare your space – Gather your items together at your spiritual growth space, cleanse your space, smudge, pop on some music.

Ground and Centre - take a deep breath and focus on New moon energies and what you have achieved this month, all you have learnt!

Cast your circle. Wyrd Witches do it this way:

“Maiden cast your circle white; weave a web of glowing light. Mother cast your circle red; weave the strands of glowing threads. Crone, cast your circle black, weave the knowledge that we lack.”

Call the quarters. Wyrd Witches do it this way:

“I call to the East, element of Air, through breath, wind and thought I invite you to my circle. Hail and Welcome.”

“I call to the South, element of Fire, through the spark of inspiration, the crackle of a candle and the heat of the sun I invite you to my circle. Hail and Welcome.”

“I call to the West, element of Water, through the tears of healing, the bringer of life and the cleansing of our sacred spaces, I invite you into my circle. Hail and Welcome.”

“I call to the North, element of Earth, through the growth within me, the foundations beneath me and the beauty around me I invite you to my circle. Hail and Welcome.”


Tell the universe why you’re here!

“I stand here the glimmer of new moon light; tonight I celebrate what I have learnt and set intensions for the upcoming month”
Calling Deity - some moon deities may include: Selene, Diana, Cerridwen, Freya, Isis, and, Yemaya. You may wish to call upon one in particular or any deity you see fit. This is a generic call.

“Lady of the Moon, who goes by many names, I invite you into my circle to watch over this rite and guide me as I set my intentions for the upcoming month.”


New Moon Magic

Light your first candle, and read out loud your list of things that didn’t go very well month, burn the list!

Light your second candle, read out loud your list of things that went well. Roll them up and place it the scroll into your first container. You’ll read these at the end of the year and see how much you’ve achieved!

Light your third candle, read out loud your list of intentions for the following month. Roll them up and place them into your second container.

Allow the candles to burn out and everything to cool down.

Dispose of the ash of the first list safely.

Have some cake!

Bid farewell to Deity

“Lady of the Moon, shining bright, thank you for your presence on this night. Hail and Farewell”

Bid farewell to the quarters

“Spirits of the North, thank you for your presence on this night. Hail and Farewell.”

“Spirits of the West, thank you for your presence on this night. Hail and Farewell.”

“Spirits of the South, thank you for your presence on this night. Hail and Farewell.”

“Spirits of the East, thank you for your presence on this night. Hail and Farewell.”


Close the circle

“Maiden uncast your circle white, release your web of glowing light. Mother uncast your circle red, release the strands of glowing threads. Crone, uncast your circle black, we thank you for the knowledge that we lacked. By the elements of Earth, Air, Fire and Water. This circle is open but never broken. So mote it be!”


Written by Starlitenergies















Circle casting chants from Yasmin Yalenorn

No comments:

Post a Comment