Wednesday 2 May 2012

and relax...

Well it's the morning after *looks at clock* well only just the morning!

 Our School of Natural Witchery opened its doors yesterday to welcome in students. We were all extremely nervous and excited at the same time! Welcome and thank you to the new students that joined us yesterday is it an honour and a pleasure to be taking this journey with you. We look forward to welcoming others as and when you join us!

 As a little celebration I had a curry last night (no one else in my house likes it so I only have it when it's just me eating). I am a bit of a wuss when it comes to the heat scale of a curry, I like the girly mild coconut sauce ones. And it was very delicious. However I always have a little 'ritual' that I do afterwards. First of all I put the kettle on, whilst that is boiling I eat a clove - it's not the best taste or texture but it clears the palette and refreshes the breathe. Then I make my 'post curry' herbal tea, it helps with digestion after spicy, creamy or fatty foods:

Cinnamon, clove & cardamon tea: 


Cinnamon has a warming and stimulant action for the digestion. It soothes bloating and indigestion. It also stimulates the circulation. 


Clove is an antiseptic and analgesic. It aids indigestion and bloating. 


Cardamom soothes an upset digestive system and relieves wind. Warming and analgesic it relieves nausea and indigestion. 


Mixture is made up of 1 tablespoon of cinnamon bark, 1 teaspoon cloves, 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds, lightly crushed in a mortar and pestle. Add one teaspoon of the mixture to a cup of boiling water, steep for 10 minutes, strain and drink (or use a tea ball).

And today feels like the calm after the storm, or maybe I am just in the eye of the storm LOL!

The school has taken a lot of hard work and effort from the whole team and it has been wonderful to see it spring into action. I am very much looking forward to this next step in my journey.

Tansy x

1 comment: