Monday 2 April 2018

What the Kitchen Witches read in March...


What the Kitchen Witches read in March...



The Sidhe - Wisdom from the Celtic Otherworld by John Matthews

From EarthStar

Is quite simply a brilliant book, I have read it twice, once in 2012 when I bought it and again quite recently.

Essentially, he writes it as a story, but it contains channelled messages from the Sidhe or shinning ones.

Sidhe pronounced Shee are he say's living within our world and a far advanced race of beings now coming forward to bring messages to help us help our world.

The story based in Ireland is about a friend of his who is an archaeologist that discovers very interesting finds in burial mounds, the story is true but written as fiction to preserve the secrecy of the place in Ireland and calls on John Matthews to come and give his opinion on what he has found there.

I couldn't put the book down, it changed me significantly forever.

The Silent Companions - Laura Purcell
From Natsu No Kuma

This is a gothic creepy as story which has left me with so many questions. It shifts between two time periods and three settings and revolves around these wooden 'companions' that keep appearing in the protagonist’s home.

I highly recommend this book and I have a feeling it will be one of my top ten reads of 2018. 

All Souls Trilogy - A Discovery of Witches - Deborah Harkness


This book came to me highly recommend and I dived in trusting the information without having read the synopsis.

Well I was met with a shock. Not only did I find it hard to get into it took me a good month to read. The characters although I did eventually warm to them came across as bland at first and the plot seemed very similar to Twilight. However, according to my Fitbit I have had 2 hours 50 minutes of sleep and that is because the final few chapters brought me in and I had to keep reading. It was a shame to finish the book, but I am relieved that I came to this series late as all three books are available. So now I am speed reading The Hazel Wood, so I can pick up the second instalment.

La Belle Sauvage - The Book of Dust Volume One - Philip Pullman

From Sunchylde

I read and enjoyed "His Dark Materials" trilogy many years ago, so I was excited to read another instalment from the world of Lyra. Philip Pullman didn't disappoint with his great story telling. The story was captivating, and I love the character of Malcolm. The second half of the book was filled with tension and had me on the edge of my seat for most of it. Really looking forward to book 2

Voyager - Diana Gabaldon


I've become completely obsessed with everything Outlander and spent last month reading Voyager by Diana Gabaldon

I don't want to give away any spoilers, but the story picks up with Claire back in her own time having left Jamie at the beginning of the Battle of Culloden. Is this the end of the romance across the distance of time? You'll have to read to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment