Tuesday 1 November 2011

Affirmations

Affirmations - do you use them? Even if you think you don't I bet you do!!

Affirmations are simple statements that we make, positive or negative. They can be made on purpose - when we want to change some aspect of our life. They may also be made automatically without even thinking about it - for instance when we tell ourselves "Oh I am no good at that".

What we say, positive or negative affects our behaviour.

In order to change your situation and create a new reality, you have to bombard your subconscious mind with positive thoughts. This is where affirmations come into play...

"I will live each day to the fullest"
"I am strong, confident and wonderful"
"Today and always, I am patient, kind and generous"
"I am worth it"
"I am in total control of my destiny"
"My life is full of love and happiness"

They all sound pretty positive don't they?

But what about the ones we do without thinking? Take a moment and think about the things you say automatically:

"I can't do that"
"I am no good at that"
"That is too scary"
"I can't attend that as I don't like crowds"

All of these statements or variations and similar ones I bet you make all the time without thinking.

See if you can catch yourself doing it, pay attention to what you say and how you say it, stop yourself and see if you can turn the negative comment into a positive affirmation.

You will be surprised how affective it is.

Start your day with a couple of positive affirmations, stop a few times throughout your day and think about what you have said or thought - positive or negative?

You have the power!

Tansy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment